Creating a Local Handyman App Like Airtasker
It’s a resourceful app that lets outsourcing tasks and simultaneously enables job taskers to earn some money!
Airtasker allows hiring people for regular job tasks — plumbing, fixing, cleaning, calculating accounts, administrating office, delivering parcels, assembling furniture, building a website, logo design, puppy training, carpet cleaning, catering, face painting, photography, Wifi setup, cleaning the house, gardening, etc. Their website/application showcases a place to post a task, work listings in categories, browse tasks, and how it works.
How do Airtasker works?
Airtasker is one of the best places for people and businesses to outsource tasks. It works in three easy steps:
What do they need to be done:
Airtasker app users can start by listing their tasks by mentioning all the details about the task? They will add the budget they wish to offer, and add their address, all for free.
Choose the best person:
Once the job poster posts the task requirements, the job seekers or taskers can review and pick the task that suits them. They may accept the offer. Airtasker Pay securely holds their payments until the task is complete. The Job Poster can then message and call the Tasker to sort out the details.
When the task is done, the tasker needs to realize the payment that is held in the Airtasker Pay. The Job Poster can then leave a review for the Tasker for everyone to know.
As an example — If Samy just moved into an apartment and has chores to do before their house warming party they will post a task on Airtasker.
- On top of the app, Samy will write what exactly they need help with — like “Help put together their flatpack furniture” as soon as possible.
- She will add in their address, mark the location pointer, and adjust the day and date of when they need it.
- She can then suggest a rough budget.
- She can then post it online for people to see.
- George finds the task. He checks the price and finds it conducive.
- So he agrees to do the job. He offers to help.
- Back at home, Samy gets the offer.
- She scans profiles and finds George’s profile suitable as it is approved by the police and is a licensed professional.
- Samy and George can chat and discuss before the task starts.
- George: Hey Samy, where exactly do you need me?
- Samy: Hi George, this is the address “123 Bobby ST”.
- George: Ok great, I’m on my way!
- After some heavy lifting and a quick chat, the task is done.
- After a single tap, George asks for payment and Samy agrees.
- Such a good job deserves thanks so Samy reviews it as 5-stars.
- George replies to the glowing review — Samy was great to work with.
- Samy has a few more tasks on her list before she can relax and enjoy her party.
- All she needs now is a cleaner. This way she can get more done with Airtasker.
AirTasker App Features
- Sign Up
- Profile management
- Categories of Task
- Browse Tasks
- Suggested for you & Available tasks only
- Quick Search
- Post A Task
- Add must-haves
- Set time,date & Budget
- Add task attachments
- Task management
- Task alerts
- Map-based homepage
- DashboardBooking/Once-off cleaning
- Multiple Payment options
- Payment History
- Charge Estimates
- In-app Notifications
- Referral/Promo Codes
- Offer Management
- In-App Private messaging
- Push Notifications
- Coles Partnership
- Ratings & Review
- Give Bonuses
- Cancellation system
- Reposting and Rescheduling tasksFavourite
- Booking History
- Forgot password
- Customer Support
- Help/FAQ Section
- Add skills & portfolio
- Map-based homepage
- Personal Dashboard
- Browse Tasks
- My Tasks
- Manage schedules
- Safety Checklists
- Star Ratings & Completion rate
- In-app Messaging
- Payments History
- Instant Claims
- Referral Code
- Push notifications
- Insurance Policy
- Admin Dashboard
- Poster Management
- Tasker Management
- Task Management
- Category & Sub-category Management
- Top-Rated Task Management
- Popular Instant Booking Management
- Service Tracking
- Credit Management
- Payment management
- FAQ Management
- Contact Us & messaging
- Ticket Management
- Guideline Management
- Terms & Conditions
- Real-time Analytics and reporting
- Manage commissions
- Invoice Generation & Management
- Loyalty Program
- Service tracking
- Reviews and Ratings
- Deactivate Account /Airtasker account limited
- Issuing Airtasker Badges
- Backup or Restore Data
- Data Security and Safety
Technology Stack to Create an App like Airtasker
- Mobile Platform: iOS, Android
- Database: Redis, PostgreSQL
- Web Development: Rails, ExpressJS
- Web Performance: Cloudflare
- Servers: NGINX, Unicorn, Linode
- Cloud Storage: Linode, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Delivery: Heroku, Amazon CloudFront
- Business Tools: Slack, Skype, ZenDesk, Balsamiq, GSuite
- DevOps: CircleC1, New Relic, GitHub, BrowserStack, Crashlytics
- Real-time Analytics: Google Analytics
- Push Notifications: Twilio, Sendgrid
- Payments: PayPal
- Business Tools: Slack, G Suite, Skype, Zendesk, Balsamiq
- DevOps: GitHub, New Relic, CircleCL, BrowserStack, Crashlytics
- Utilities: Google Analytics, PayPal, Twilio, Twilio SendGrid, MixPanel
What Airtasker Alternatives do best app developers offer?
In Conclusion: How to create an app like Airtasker?
Airtasker is a trusted community marketplace for businesses and people to outsource tasks, and find local service providers in minutes. Top app development companies in India offer more than 25 alternative applications like Fiverr, TaskRabbit, Fourerr, HireOwl, and TrueBlue are available for Airtasker but they are not free. They are freelance marketplaces and may also be classified as Ad Services or Job Search Services. Anyone can become a job poster or a tasker with Airtasker. Job posters can list, and taskers can discover them, and purchase those services in Airtasker Marketplace. These listings act as online billboards to attract customers and ensure an engaging experience.
Originally published at https://itimesbiz.com on July 5, 2022.